Get to Know
Hi, my name is Paul Merriman, I help people who are confused about money. When they work with me, they learn how to enjoy their money, how to make more of it and how to take control of it. Money should be something that enhances your life but most people never feel this way about money regardless of how much they have. In my AskPaul video’s I’m going to change the way you think about money.
I cut my teeth in the industry for 15 years with RSA and Irish Life before striking out on my own in 2010. In 2011 I bought over PAX Financial Planning which offers professional financial advice in the area of Wealth Management, Retirement Planning, Asset Protection and Investments.
During this time l became a Qualified Financial Advisor and in 2011, obtained the designation Certified Financial Planner® by the Financial Planning Standards Board Ireland. Certified Financial Planners® are members of an international community of elite financial planning practitioners who are committed to upholding the professions most rigorous global standards and putting clients interests first.
In early 2016 I launched ClearChoice™ to raise the nolledge, standards & quality of advice within the financial planning industry. ClearChoice™ was designed specifically for Financial Brokers, the ClearChoice™ system and product training service addresses the daily challenge all Financial Brokers face in analyzing the most suitable protection product for a client.
This was the beginning of ClearChoice™, my second company, which won the Innovation Award and Overall Winner award at the county enterprise awards 2009 for the Local Enterprise Board (Dun Laoghaire Rathdown). In November 1986 I was also nominated for Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur for LEO DLR.
Create Your Ideal Financial Plan With My Weekly Updates
In the Press
- Everything you need to know about credit cards : Published in the Independent.
- PCP: A Worthwhile finance? Published in the Independent.
- Spring clean your finances with these top tips from AskPaul.
- In today’s climate this is what it takes’ – Desperate families camp out in cars to secure home, Publish in The Sunday Business Post.
- Housing bubble will burst and cause another credit crunch- Published in the Irish Sun.
- Money doesn’t guarantee happiness, but it certainly helps’ Publish in Irish Times
- Top 10 Tips for First Time buyers – Published in the Sunday Business post.
- Simple steps to cutting your tax bill on TV 3.
- Pensions: savings on steroids, but with pitfalls, Publish on Irish Independent.
- What purchase have you made that you consider the best value for money?